An annual tradition in January at Flint Hill is the Founder’s Day celebration, where faculty and staff are recognized for their dedication to the students and school community. The Driving Spirit Award “recognizes current Flint Hill faculty and staff members who have excelled in ethical leadership, diligent intellectual scholarship, and a commitment to teach, coach or mentor others. Someone who is cooperative, leads by example, and inspires all of us to new heights of learning.” The 2016-17 recipients are:
- Cathy French, Upper School Campus Receptionist and Admission Assistant
- Maha Morse, School Registrar
- Anne Young, Administrative Assistant to the Middle School
“They truly help Flint Hill to run smoothly and seamlessly, and they do it with relentless drive in quiet, determined, compassionate and dependable ways,” said Headmaster John Thomas.
Additionally, three employees were recognized for reaching a milestone as 20-year employees at Flint Hill. “We are honored that these incredible leaders have made Flint Hill and all of us a significant part of their lives,” said Thomas.
- Barbara Benoit, Director of Counseling
- Cynthia Cuellar, IT Systems Manager
- Michele Velchik, Acting Director of Development