FLINT HILL LOWER SCHOOL ADMISSION PROCEDURES: GRADES JK-6
Join us for an admission event by clicking here for a list of upcoming information sessions, workshops, webinars, performances and service events.
Individual tours are available by appointment by contacting the Admission Office at email@example.com or 703.584.2314.
Here is a resource you can use to evaluate your options: 25 Questions to Help You Choose a School for Your Child.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Families are invited to submit an application for admission online. The application deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. After the January 22 deadline, applications will be reviewed on a rolling and space-available basis.
SUBMIT SUPPORTING MATERIALS
The deadline for supporting materials is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. Supporting materials include:
- Gesell: Applicants for Junior Kindergarten-Grade 2 are required to submit the Gesell. The Gesell is offered at Flint Hill beginning in November at no cost to families.
- WISC-V: Applicants for Grade 3-6 are required to submit the WISC-V. A list of testing sites for the WISC-V may be found online here.
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI): Applicants may also elect to submit the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI) as a supplement.
- Teacher Recommendation: Flint Hill requests a teacher recommendation from the applicant’s current teacher. Once you submit an application, you will receive instructions on how to access Husky Hub, our community portal, which can be used to request a recommendation from your child’s teacher.
- Transcripts/Progress Reports: Required only for Grades 1-6, the Permission for School to Release Student Records and Transcripts should be submitted directly to your current school.
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire: Parents/guardians of applicants for Grades JK – 6 must complete the Parent Questionnaire.
An interview provides an opportunity for parents to ask questions about our school community and gives us the opportunity to learn more about your family. Interviews can be scheduled through Husky Hub (access to this portal is given upon application submission), or by contacting the Admission Office at 703.584.2314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants for Kindergarten-Grade 2 are required to visit Flint Hill on Saturday, February 1, 2020.
- Applicants for Grades 3-6 are required to complete a half-day visit. Parents of applicants will receive instructions on how to access Husky Hub, our community portal, which can be used to schedule the half-day visit. During the visit, applicants will visit a class, complete reading and math assessments and meet members of our faculty.
Lower School Contacts
Please contact Dawn to discuss Lower School educational opportunities at Flint Hill.
Dawn Hopke | Associate Director of Admission | email@example.com | 703.584.2311
Please contact the Admission Office to plan a visit or follow-up on application progress.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 703.584.2314