FLINT HILL MIDDLE SCHOOL ADMISSION PROCEDURES: GRADES 7 and 8
Join us for an Admission event by clicking here for a list of upcoming information sessions, workshops, webinars, performances and service events.
Individual tours are available by appointment by contacting the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.584.2314.
Here is a resource you can use to evaluate your options: 25 Questions to Help You Choose a School for Your Child.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION ONLINE
Families are invited to submit an application for admission online. The application deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. After the January 22 deadline, applications will be reviewed on a rolling and space-available basis.
SUBMIT SUPPORTING MATERIALS
The deadline for supporting materials is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. Supporting materials include:
- Testing: Applicants for Grades 7 and 8 are required to submit the SSAT. Flint Hill will administer the SSAT on Saturday, December 14, 2019. Register for the SSAT at www.ssat.org. Our SSAT school code is 3173. International applicants must also submit the TOEFL Junior.
- Teacher Recommendations: Applicants are required to submit two teacher recommendations: one from their current math teacher and one from their current English teacher. Once an application is submitted, you will receive instructions on how to access Husky Hub, our community portal, which can be used to request recommendations from your child’s teachers.
- Transcripts/Progress Reports: Submit the Permission for School to Release Student Records and Transcripts directly to your current school.
- Graded Writing Sample: A writing sample that includes a grade, as well as a teacher’s edits and comments from a current English or history class is required. You may submit the writing sample through Husky Hub or email it to email@example.com.
- Candidate Questionnaire: Applicants must complete the Candidate Questionnaire.
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire: Parents/guardians of applicants must complete the Parent Questionnaire.
To be eligible for support in the Learning Center, applications must also include psycho-educational testing that is less than three years old.
PARENT/GUARDIAN AND STUDENT INTERVIEWS
An interview provides an opportunity for parents and students to ask questions about our school community and gives us the opportunity to learn more about your family. Interviews can be scheduled through Husky Hub (access to this portal is given upon application submission), or by contacting the Admission Office at 703.584.2314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOOL VISIT (OPTIONAL)
Applicants for Grades 7 and 8 are invited and encouraged to complete a half-day visit. During the visit, applicants tour the School, visit classes and meet members of our community, including faculty members. Parents of applicants will receive instructions on how to access Husky Hub, our community portal, which can be used to schedule the half-day visit.