FLINT HILL UPPER SCHOOL ADMISSION PROCEDURES: GRADES 9-12
Join us for an admission event by clicking here for a list of upcoming information sessions, workshops, webinars, performances and service events.
Individual tours are available by appointment by contacting the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.584.2314.
Here is a resource you can use to evaluate your options: 25 Questions to Help You Choose a School for Your Child.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION ONLINE
Families are invited to submit an application for admission online. The application deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. After the January 22 deadline, applications will be reviewed on a rolling and space-available basis.
SHADOW VISIT (OPTIONAL)
Students applying for Grades 9-12 are invited to complete a school shadow visit. During the visit, the prospective student shadows a current student and visits classes, tours the School and meets other students and faculty. The visit takes place from 8:05 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and includes a lunch provided by Flint Hill. Parents of applicants will receive instructions on how to access Husky Hub, our community portal, which can be used to schedule the shadow visit.
SUBMIT SUPPORTING MATERIALS
The deadline for supporting materials is Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
- Testing: Applicants for Grades 9-11 are required to submit the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). The PSAT can be submitted in lieu of the SSAT for Grades 10 and 11. Applicants for Grade 12 are required to submit the PSAT, SAT or ACT. All international applicants for whom English is a second language must also submit TOEFL scores.Flint Hill will administer the SSAT on Saturday, December 14, 2019. You can register for the SSAT online at www.ssat.org. Our SSAT school code is 3173.
- Teacher recommendations: Applicants are required to submit two teacher recommendations: one from their current math teacher and one from their current English teacher. Once an application is submitted, you will receive instructions on how to access Husky Hub, our community portal, which can be used to request recommendations from your child’s teachers.
- Submit Official Transcripts/Progress Reports: The Permission for School to Release Student Records and Transcripts should be submitted directly to your current school.
- Submit Graded Writing Sample: A writing sample that includes a grade, as well as a teacher’s edits and comments from a current English or history class is required. You may submit the writing sample through Husky Hub or email it to email@example.com.
- Candidate Questionnaire: Applicants must complete the Candidate Questionnaire.
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire: Parents/guardians of applicants must complete the Parent Questionnaire.
To be eligible for support in the Learning Center, applications must also include psycho-educational testing that is less than three years old.
STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEW
Individual parent/guardian and student interviews for each candidate are required to complete the admission process. The parent/guardian and student interviews are conducted on the same day and take approximately one hour combined. Interviews are scheduled by appointment after an application has been submitted. Interviews can be scheduled through Husky Hub, or by contacting the Admission Office at 703.584.2314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper School Contacts
Justin Fitzgerald | Admission Officer | email@example.com | 703.584.2318
Julie Lewis | Admission Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 703.584.2316
Lauren South | Admission Officer | email@example.com | 703.584.2312
Please contact the Admission Office to plan a visit or follow-up on application progress.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 703.584.2314