Top 5 Ways To Stay Informed, Connected and Build Community as a Flint Hill Parent!
Flint Hill Parent Association President, Sibel Unsal, shares her top five ways to actively engage as a parent.
Greetings Flint Hill Families,
I am officially back from a summer in Turkey visiting my extended family, and I am so excited to return to campus and kick off the 2021-22 school year!!
As the new school year is quickly approaching, I know all of us are preparing our children and ourselves for the earlier wakeups, morning routines, dress guidelines, and all the excitement that comes with a new school year.
Flint Hill is truly student-centric, and the focus of all teachers and staff is to make this a safe, healthy and joyful start to the school year. I'm here to tell you, though, don't forget about YOU! Whether you are in year one, year 14, or anything in between, I want to see you and your family off to a wonderful start.
Here are my top 5 suggestions for the back-to-school season to stay informed, connected, and build community at Flint Hill as a parent.
- Read the weekly newsletter! Your Division Director will share information about upcoming events, as well as happenings and announcements.
- Play in the Tennis Social or Skills and Drills Clinic! This is a social event, and while there is tennis to be played, it’s a casual morning focused on connecting with fellow parents - no matter your skill level or what grade your child is in.
- Attend a home sporting event at the Upper School. Make a date with a fellow family to cheer on Upper School student-athletes. (HINT: there’s a great new playground next to the Peterson Middle School terrace so you can watch the game and your youngest Huskies!). View the athletic schedule here. (click “See Full Athletics Calendar” for a monthly view.
- Save the date, September 13, for our first Miller House Monday! After drop-off, please join me on the front porch and lawn of Miller House, located on the Lower School Campus, for an informal social and discussion. I look forward to getting to know you! There is plenty of parking.
- Reach out! I want to hear from you about your summer, what you’d like to be involved in, and especially how I can be a connector to welcome or reintroduce myself!
Before we know it, it will be Homecoming, and we’ll be outside together watching the bonfire and celebrating the many milestones that make up our Flint Hill community. Take this moment to take a deep breath, because we will be off and running very soon!
Sibel Unsal P ’22