TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
At Flint Hill, your child can thrive in a culture in which questions like “imagine if?” and “what’s possible?” set the standard for teaching and learning. Your child will be inspired to blaze a trail in an environment that celebrates curiosity, individuality and innovative thinking. As a result, they will have the skills, confidence and self-awareness to make a meaningful difference in the world.
“We love our community at Flint Hill. Our heart’s desire is that our children thrive in a safe and nurturing environment and Flint Hill exceeds this benchmark.”
– Current Flint Hill Parent
A private school education is a significant financial investment and sacrifice. But the opportunities Flint Hill School provides today and the benefits your child will experience tomorrow are invaluable.
The Flint Hill Experience by the Numbers
When it comes to Pre-K-12 education, size matters. Private schools are uniquely positioned to genuinely get to know our students and differentiate their learning accordingly.
Flint Hill offers:
- 6:1 student-teacher ratio
- 18-student cap for class sizes at every grade level
- 200-student capacity for new Peterson Middle School; that’s just 100 in 7th grade and 100 in 8th grade
We are deeply committed to making a Flint Hill education possible for qualified students, and offer need-based financial aid to families in kindergarten-12th grade. Approximately 17% of Flint Hill students receive need-based financial aid. The number of financial aid requests exceeds the financial aid budget and unfortunately, we are not able to offer aid to all families that are offered admission and demonstrate need for financial aid.
The financial aid application deadline for prospective families was Monday, January 27, 2020 and the financial aid application for the 2020-21 academic year is closed. The financial aid application will reopen on November 1, 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year.
For questions regarding the financial aid application process, please contact Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid Jennifer Webb, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.584.2313.
What are the different ways I can pay my child’s tuition?
Flint Hill offers three payment plans for families:
1 Payment Plan – full payment in June
2 Payment Plan – 60% payment due in June, with the remaining 40% due in December
10 Payment Plan – 10 equal payments beginning in June and ending in March
Are financing options available for tuition?
Flint Hill currently works with an educational loan program called Your Tuition Solution that helps make a Flint Hill education possible for many of our families.
Does Flint Hill offer tuition insurance?
How does the financial aid process work?
Prospective families can begin the online financial aid application process beginning on November 1 by visiting the F.A.S.T. website. In addition to entering your financial information online, F.A.S.T. requires a copy of your Federal and State tax returns with all schedules and W-2’s.
The financial aid application deadline for prospective families is Monday, January 27, 2020. Financial aid notifications will be sent to accepted students on Friday, March 6, 2020.
Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?
Yes. Because a family’s financial circumstances can change, we require families to reapply for financial aid every year.
How does the financial aid process work if I am separated or divorced?
In cases of divorce or separation, both parents or legal guardians are required to fully complete the financial aid process – together or separately.
Who has access to my financial aid information?
The Financial Aid Committee confidentially reviews financial aid applications. All information is secure and confidential. We also request that families keep their awards in confidence.
Have more questions About affording private school?
Watch the recording for our webinar.
Lower School (JK-6) – $35,010 (includes iPad and Logitech crayon)
Middle School (7-8) – $41,265 (includes iPad, Logitech keyboard and crayon and lunch)
Upper School (9-12) – $44,475 (includes MacBook Air and lunch)