Lower School Newsletter - June 9, 2021
NEW AND UPDATED INFORMATION
Congratulations and thanks to Chris Brown, the P.E. faculty as well the Lower School faculty and staff for the fabulous field day we had last week. It was a wonderful way to end the school year.
Sixth Grade Promotion Ceremony Photography
The professional photos from last week’s Sixth Grade Promotion Ceremony are now available to be viewed and purchased online. To review the photos, visit freedpics.com and enter the password “FLINT21LSCEREMONY.”
Second Semester Progress Reports Available Online Wednesday, June 16
Progress reports are posted online twice a year at the end of the first and second semester. The second progress reports for this school year will be made available online on Wednesday, January 16. Due to COVID-19, and our current model of combining on-campus and virtual learners this school year, the Lower School teachers will write a narrative to the student and there will be no checklists. The narrative allows the teacher to elaborate on a child’s performance this year, which includes areas of growth and goals for future growth and improvement and recommendations for summer work. Teachers write their comments directly to the student. This supports our mission statement, “A Flint Hill education focuses on the learner,” and develops our students as self-directed learners, one of the core competencies of the Portrait of the Flint Hill Student.
Instructions for accessing Grades JK-6 progress reports:
- Log into Husky Hub.
- Click on your name at the top, right-hand side of the page, and click on “Files & Forms.”
- Under your child’s name, locate the “Lower School Progress Reports” section, and click on the “20-21 Semester 2 Narrative” report.
If you are moving on to a new school, progress reports will be available to you online until Tuesday, June 29. Departing families will also receive a hard copy of their child's progress report via mail.
Second Grade at 100% participation! Which grade will be next?
Thank you to the second grade parents who have reached 100% participation in The Flint Hill Annual Fund! We are excited to celebrate having two Lower School grades with this extraordinary level of dedication and commitment to our School!
There’s still time for your grade to join them in making history, and we hope every family will help to pull the sled! If you have not yet participated in this year’s Annual Fund, please consider making your gift online today and be counted immediately toward your child’s class participation. Classes may be over but our Annual Fund continues until June 30.
Click here to see which grade could be next to reach 100%.
Thank you for your support!
- New merchandise will begin arriving in late July-early August. Please check the New Items and Restock Alert tabs for the most up-to-date inventory.
- Shop the Last Chance and Sale items to make room for new inventory.
How do I make an exchange or return?
- Please contact Adrienne Robinson within 30 days of your original purchase.
- Exchanges may be made for the same item in a different size or for an item of equal value.
- We are happy to issue a refund for items that did not work for you.
Friday, June 11, 10 a.m.
Final Grade Reports Available Online
Wednesday, June 16, 4 p.m.
Final Newsletter of the 2020-2021 School Year
Wednesday, June 16
Summer Programs Begin
Monday, June 21