Flint Hill will host its 2021 Commencement ceremony on campus on Friday, June 11, 2021, at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be live streamed for those who are unable to attend in person.
Commencement Speaker: Brian Aspinwall ‘00
Brian Aspinwall ’00 is a first generation American and the son of Amazonian Peruvian immigrants who settled in Virginia in the 70's. His parents' determination to integrate into a society where English was not their first language inspired him to always strive to learn, self-educate and to never give up. His two sisters Jessi '93 and Jenny also opened his eyes to the world of music, movies and the arts. In another life perhaps he may have even become a rock musician, a concert pianist or a painter. Today, Brian is a creative director at HBO Max and has held creative producer and executive roles at companies like Netflix, The Bubble Factory and Dreamworks Animation. Brian currently resides in sunny California and lives with his wife Rebekka, who also shares his enthusiasm for self education, music, movies and crypto. If you showed up for a surprise visit at Brian's house, you would more than likely find him playing the third movement of Beethoven's Piano Sonata “The Tempest” on his piano.
|7 a.m.||Senior Rehearsal, Upper School Campus Learning Commons|
|9:15 a.m.||Campus opens to families and guests|
|9:55 a.m.||All guests seated in reserved pods|
|10 a.m.||Commencement Ceremony, Upper School Campus Gym|
Each senior has a maximum of six tickets, which will be required for entry into the Upper School Campus on Commencement day. Tickets are non-transferable.
Previously seniors were allotted a maximum of two guests for an indoor ceremony. This has changed — we are now able to accommodate all ticketed guests. Blue tickets marked “Parent All Access” and White tickets marked “Guest Outdoor Only Access” can be used for admission to the indoor ceremony.
Seniors should still park in the Peterson Middle School parking lot, entering via Oakton Road. If you are dropping your senior off for rehearsal, please drop them off in the Upper School circle.
Families and Guests
- All guests should park in the Upper School parking lots located at 3320 Jermantown Road, Oakton, VA.
- The Upper School building opens for family and guest seating at 9:15 a.m. Any early arrivals will be required to remain in your car until 9:15 a.m. to allow adequate time for senior rehearsal and ceremony preparation.
- Parking lot attendants will be available to assist guests. Golf cart shuttles will travel throughout the lots.
Guests with Special Needs
Starting at 9:15 a.m. guests with special needs may be dropped off in the Upper School circle. Guests with a handicapped parking permit may park in a reserved area closest to the ceremony. Parking lot attendants will be available to direct guests to this reserved area. Golf cart shuttles will be available for any guest or party who needs assistance getting to the ceremony site. No advance parking reservations are required nor being taken.
In order to comply with Virginia’s requirements for in-person commencement and promotion ceremonies, guests must comply with the following health protocols:
- Everyone aged five and older must cover their nose and mouth with an appropriate mask. Please leave a mask on at all times before, during and after the ceremony.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior 10 days, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted to attend.
- Maintain physical distancing of six feet between guests outside of your household, including while in the temperature screening line.
- Guest seating pods will maintain appropriate physical distancing between them.
- Please maintain physical distance before and after the ceremony. Please exit promptly and do not linger or congregate at the end of the ceremony.