About the Parents’ Association
The Parents’ Association works to strengthen the partnership between the School and Flint Hill families by encouraging parental involvement and engagement within our community. Every Flint Hill parent and/or guardian is automatically a member of the Parents’ Association and there are no membership fees.
Parents' Association Mission
- To provide a welcoming environment in which parents can work together with the school to build a stronger School community by encouraging active involvement of all parents in School activities.
- To provide a means through which parents of Flint Hill students may effectively aid Flint Hill School in achieving its mission by encouraging communication, school spirit and a strong community environment.
- To sponsor educational, community building, and fundraising activities to benefit the mission of the School.
The Uniform Exchange is an opportunity for JK -8 parents to donate and shop gently-used uniforms at no cost.
Sign up to play in a friendly round-robin tournament or learn new techniques in the skills and drills clinic. Help is needed with the tournament pairings and event set up on the day of the social. Whether a player or volunteer you will enjoy a sunny day on the beautiful Upper School Tennis Courts.
A weekend filled with games and fun! The weekend begins with the Junior-Senior Flag Football Game and bonfire on Friday evening, followed by athletic events and family-friendly activities on Saturday.
A special day for our grandparents and special friends to spend time in classrooms with their Lower and Middle School students.
A fun day on the links for golfers of all levels.
During the school year, the Admission Office occasionally requests help from current families to engage with prospective families. Possible opportunities include: volunteering at an admission event, contacting prospective parents, referring potential families, connecting Flint Hill to companies/organizations, outreach to accepted families, or serving as a general community ambassador.
Strong relationships among families are important to Flint Hill, and social events outside of school can support those relationships. Please let us know if you are willing to host a parent social event at your home or club.
Flint Hill’s Annual Fund is the School’s fundraising priority. It provides critical support for our teachers, students, and programs every year. Volunteers are asked to make solicitation calls to fellow parents during phonathons.
Dress up as Klondike and spread Husky spirit at a variety of events during the school year.
The Den is the outdoor concession stand located on The John M. Thomas Terrace and the Igloo is the snack bar located inside the Upper School building. Volunteers are needed to help sell concessions during the school day as well as at atheltic games and special events. We also occasionally look for grill masters and servers to help fulfill orders and grill hamburgers and hot dogs during outdoor special events.
Volunteer to set up, sort and sell at pop-up shops throughout the year!
Help us recognize our outstanding faculty and staff as we provide special treats throughout the year.
Dear Flint Hill Families,
Welcome to the Flint Hill Parents’ Association! Whether this is your first year as a Husky parent, or your 13th or 14th year as the parent of a “lifer,” we are glad you are a part of our community. I am looking forward to a fantastic year ahead, especially partnering with our new Head of School Patrick McHonett, and connecting with parents on campus and in our community.
- A little about me. I’m the parent of a seventh grader, Nicholas, who has attended Flint Hill since junior kindergarten. My husband, Brian, and I have been active in the Flint Hill community since 2014 and enjoy being involved in various School activities. Over the years, our family has experienced many instances of the Flint Hill community — living the Lower School Husky Promise, especially showing “compassion to all” in the most profound and practical ways. I am excited to engage with and make a difference in our community this year.
- A little about the Parents’ Association. Every Flint Hill parent and/or guardian is automatically a member of the Parents’ Association, and there are no membership fees. The Parents’ Association works to strengthen the partnership between the School and Flint Hill families by encouraging parental involvement and engagement within our community.
- A little about ways to be involved. A full range of Parents’ Association events is scheduled for this year in addition to volunteer opportunities. The Newsletter features a list of upcoming events so you can mark your calendar and get involved. This section of the newsletter will also have information and links to sign up for volunteer opportunities too.
I am eager to connect with parents this year while pulling the sled through the school year, having fun along the way, and crossing the finish line together.
Take meaningful risks. Be yourself. Make a difference.
Parents' Association President
Interested in Volunteering?
Complete the form below and we will look forward to connecting with you when opportunities become available!